Our camera light is steady green when activated by a camera app but only shows a black window for FaceTime, Photo Booth, QuickTime, and every other app tried.
This is what I've learned/tried so far:
- Built in FaceTime camera is recognized in hardware
- SIP is enabled
tccutilreset for camera & microphone got QuickTime to ask for permission and then show up in Security > Privacy> Camera & Microphone. Microphone then works in QT but black window for camera and then QT crashes when I try to record video.
- Restarted background assistants in Terminal (
sudo killall VDCAssistant/AppleCameraAssistant)
- Updated OS
- NVRAM reset
- SMC reset
- Safe mode boot still does not allow video to draw
- Diagnostic mode: no issues found
- No luck with new user account
I saw someone suggest checking
launchctl list | grep -i com.apple.tccd. I got back
349 ) com.apple.tccd but am not sure what that means or if it's relevant.
You think this is fixable in code or do I just need to buy an external camera/deal with repairs?