The volume of the Airpods (Gen. 2) will become suddenly too low on my Android mobile device (Aquaris U2 with Android version 8.1.0).
It usually works all fine, but it just happens (twice so far) that at some point when I start listening to a podcast the volume will be so low than I can barely hear anything, even if I set the volume at the maximum.
The first time it happened, I managed to fix it somehow, but I do not know how and I am not managing to replicate it now.
Other information that might be useful to find a solution:
- Both times, the issue popped-up while listening to a podcast on Spotify. However, once the issue appears, also other apps like Youtube have the volume too low. For other uses like calls, there is no problem with the volume.
- I never had this problem with other Bluetooth headphones.
- The AirPods work great on my laptop.
Note that this is a different problem than this question, as it is not about a firmware update.
So far I have tried, without success:
- Unpairing and pairing the AirPods again.
- Restarting the mobile phone.
- Going to
Disable Absolute Volumeand turning the switch to the On position, as suggested here + restarting.
- Turning the volume down and up again, as suggested in the comments of the link provided in point number 3. Also turning it totally down, restarting it and then up again.
- Roll back the Bluetooth AVRCP Version (also under Developer Options) from 1.4 to 1.3, also suggested in the same comments as above.
Any ideas of what the problem is and how to fix it?