So I had the external 4TB Seagate Expansion Drive, and at one point I end up selecting unmount in Disk Utility when I tried running first aid.
Now I wish to mount it again, I tried pressing the mount button in Disk Utility. No response.
I tried ejecting, unmounting, and re-mounting the backup drive in Terminal through:
- diskutil eject /dev/disk3s2
- diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk3s2
- diskutil mount /dev/disk3s2
The resulting response is:
- Volume timed out while waiting to eject
- Unmount of all volumes on disk3 was successful
- Volume on disk3s2 timed out waiting to mount
Insofar the hardware is blinking so I guess it's functional. I just like to ask if there are any solutions possible, or should I just click the mount button and wait for it, thank you.