I use some apps that can accept files a few ways:
- open and then use its own file select dialog
- "open with" from Finder
- "drag & drop" from Finder
Method 1 is fine and the app responds as expected.
Methods 2 & 3 result in the app opening—you can see the app's menu bar and dock icon—but then there is a delay of 4 or 5 seconds before the app window appears.
Engineering has determined that your bug report (39378510) is a duplicate of 19293778 and will be closed.
But why the delay? What is macOS doing? How can I remove the delay?
- reset launch services (no difference)
- new/guest user account (no delay!)
- Build new app with unique ID (no delay on first launch; delay on second launch)
- Delete Saved Application State for the app (no delay!) but this regenerates with every run of the app
- Deleting only the file data.data (download that file) in the Saved Application State (no delay!)
Workaround: I can prevent Saved Application State on a per-app basis. See here: https://github.com/sveinbjornt/Platypus/issues/110#issuecomment-377398429
Any ideas appreciated.
- mac OS 10.13.6
- no antivirus
Here are two videos: