I picked up a new MacBook recently and started customizing it software-wise.
After some research, I have managed to set a shortcut for opening Terminal as follows:
- Open Automator
- Select New Document, Quick Action, search „Launch Application“ and drag it over
- Select the desired application (may be located in „others“)
- Select File->Save in the menu bar
- Open System Preferences and select Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services
- Provide a shortcut for the Quick Action. In my case, I have selected CommandControlT
Sadly, the shortcut CommandControlT doesn't work when the Finder is the active app. With any other app, it works.
I don't understand why, as the shortcut isn't assigned to any action in the Finder.
Thanks in advance 😃