The questions might sound silly at first sight, but let me share my observations so far:
- I'm in the U.S. right now where I use the charger I got from IT and I see that my MPB charges slowly. It says the battery is 51% full and will take another ~16 hours to fully charge
- In my workplace I experience that too the charging stops around 80% and does not matter which plug I use
- In the hotel with the same charger the same MBP charges two-three times faster and does not stop at 80%
- home, which is Hungary with 240V electricity grid, reaching the fully charged state takes 2-3 hours (does not matter if I recompile my app in every other minute) and never stops at 80%)
- I brought the charger came with MBP and the phenomenon is the same
Since I'm not an electricity engineer I don't know whether voltage matters in charging or not. In the U.S. there is 120v, but in EU we use 240V. Differences in Amper, I'm not aware of. In the EU, we use 20A or more fuses.
Is it possible the difference I experience is due to something default Apple magic in MBP?