I am using macOS Mavericks (10.9.5) and Chrome, Firefox, and Safari all do not connect to websites even though the network is clearly connected.
But browsing when booted into safe mode works.
I've read many articles and tried the following solutions:
- Set DNS servers to Google DNS and open DNS.
- Reinstalled operating system through the internet recovery. The internet for the recovery worked as expected, so this issue is something specific to browsing.
- Added Chrome, Firefox, Safari to Mac firewall.
- Removed System Configuration folder from library/preferences
- Disabled McAffee antivirus put on by work IT
- Ran McAffee scan and found nothing
- Renewed DHCP
Anyone have any ideas?