I'm running OS X 10.9.2 on a MacBook Pro (Mid-2012) and cannot change its region (locale) via
System Preferences -> Language & Region:
Changing it ostensibly works, but revisiting the preferences pane later shows the region reverted to its previous value.
In terms of what tools and apps report, the story is inconsistent:
defaults read -g AppleLocaledoes show the NEW locale
locale, by contrast, shows the PREVIOUS locale
- Similarly, Calendar.app shows holidays from the PREVIOUS locale
Thus, for the most part, the system behaves as if the region changes was ineffective - which is at least consistent with the preferences pane reverting to the previous value.
Here's what I've tried:
- Reset the NVRAM
- Repaired the disk with Disk Utility
- Booted into single-user mode and ran
- Cleared most caches with OnyX
- Checked the syslog for telltale entries
All to no avail.
Any help is appreciated.