I am an experienced full-stack engineer and engineering manager. Currently a co-founder and CTO at a digital marketing agency in Brazil.
My primary qualifications are the following:
- 15+ years extensive experience on web development, mobile development and systems architecture & design.
- Extensive experience with MySQL (database design & fine tuning), MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Sphinx Search.
- Has very strong understanding of architecture and systems design principles such as SOLID, GRASP, TDD, microservices & SOA, REST APIs and multi-tenant architectures.
- Participated in the architecture & design of dozens of large-scale software projects over the years.
- Advanced skills in Linux tooling, server setup and management (Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu and Amazon Linux)
- Experience acting as project DevOps, configuring Nginx and HAProxy for proxying/load-balancing, MySQL/MariaDB fine tuning.
- Has actual project experience configuring: Docker, memcached, beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB, automated backup jobs, cross-instance syncing.
- Very active in the Brazillian PHP community, has presented over 6 talks in the last 3 years (available on slideshare.net/aryeltupinamba).
- Adept of clean code principles & object calisthenics, with a healthy dose of perfectionism.