macOS 10.15 Catalina is Apple's sixteenth major release of the macOS operating system for Macintosh computers. macOS Catalina was announced June 3, 2019 at WWDC.
macOS 10.15, Apple's current and sixteenth major release of the macOS operating system.
Main changes in macOs 10.15 Catalina
- macOS Catalina exclusively supports 64-bit applications.
- Catalyst, a new software-development tool that allows developers to write apps that can run on both macos and ipados.
- Activation Lock, an anti-theft feature that prevents people from restoring your Apple devices without your permission.
- Sidecar allows a Mac to use an iPad (running iPadOS) as a wireless external display.
- itunesis replaced by separate Music, Podcasts, and TV apps, in line with iOS. iOS device management is now conducted via finder.
- Find My Mac and Find My Friends are merged into an application called Find My.
System Requirements for OS X Catalina
- macOS Catalina officially runs on all standard configuration Macs that support Mojave.
- 4GB memory
- OS X 10.8 or later
- 15 GB of free hard drive space
Devices supporting macOS Catalina
- MacBook: 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro: 2012 and later
- MacBook Air: 2012 and later
- Mac Mini: 2012 and later
- iMac: 2012 and later
- iMac Pro: 2017 and later
- Mac Pro: 2013 and later, with a Metal-capable GPU