In firefox 23.0 they use a new icon that doesn't look so much 'flat' as 'blurred' or 'smudged'. How do I go back to the old one from Firefox 22.0?
- Download the Firefox 22.0 release binary from one of these locations:
- Double-click to mount the
- Copy the icons using Terminal:
cp document.icns firefox.icns /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/Resources/
Note: If you want to do the copy from Finder, you'll need to right-click on the
Firefox.app icon in the mounted dmg file and select "show package contents" then using a separate Finder window do the same thing for
/Applications/Firefox.app, then change into
Contents/Resources in both windows and copy the files across.
- On each of the Firefox 22 and Firefox 23 apps, right click and select "Get Info".
- In each information windows that pops up, unlock the lock at the lower right (click, and enter admin credentials when prompted).
- In the Firefox 22 information window, click on the small Firefox icon at the upper left and and type Cmd+C.
- In the Firefox 23 information window, click the small icon at the upper left and and type Cmd+V.
- Close the information windows; you're done.