I have a Canon Vixia HF11 HD camcorder, Synology DS213 NAS, MacBook Air, iMovie '11 and Final Cut Pro 10.0.9.
I just backed up my camcorder using Final Cut Pro and ran into a couple problems:
- The backup came out to 50gb total (the CANON.fcarch was only 25gb)
- The backup included render files and original media (i.e. .mov files of each clip)
- The backup can only be saved to my MBA's hard drive (i.e. can't save to my NAS)
My questions are, using Final Cut Pro or iMovie, is there a way to:
- Only backup the camcorder's compressed AVCHD video (i.e. just the .fcarch file) without transcoding/rendering everything out to .mov files?
- Backup the camcorder directly to a network drive (i.e. my NAS) instead of my MBA's SSD?