I'm looking for some headphones that will be aesthetically (and acoustically) pleasing when combined with my MacBook Pro (2011, aluminum unibody).
- Over-the-ear style (not earbuds or ear-canal buds)
- Closed design (in order to block out some outside noise and avoid leaking noise.)
- Pretty (I realize this is subjective)
- Under $400
- Wireless optional (I'm not sure if there are any great-sounding, great-looking wireless headphones)
I'm currently considering:
- V-Moda Crossfade, ~$175
- Sennheiser RS-160 (wireless), ~$195
- Bowers & Wilkins P5, ~$300
- Denon AHD2000, ~350
The transmitter for the Sennheisers takes batteries, so there's no extra wire or wall wart, but it is kind of bulky.
I haven't seen any nice Bluetooth headphones that support A2DP (stereo audio profile for bluetooth). That would be ideal -- no wires, no transmitter required.
If you have experience with any of the headphones I'm considering, I'd love to hear it. If there are headphones I've overlooked, please let me know!