This is the first time that my Retina MacBook Pro wakes up from sleep with a gray screen. After about 10-20 seconds, the MacBook falls asleep again.
Some points that might be relevant:
- The only difference between power adapter and no power adapter is that with power adapter it does not go to sleep again.
- The battery is almost full (I closed the lid last night when it was about 90%)
- An external monitor was not attached when sleeping it, so I don't think How to fix a Macbook that does not always draw its internal screen after waking from sleep and having unplugged external display while asleep? applies.
- I've run gfxCardStatus, almost always in "force integrated mode" (to conserve battery). And normally it wakes up correctly.
- I run VMware Fusion 4.
- All software is up-to-date and fully patched.
I tried to plugin an HDMI monitor and switch displays with Command-Fn-F1 and Command-Fn-F2, but that did not help (it would not switch displays).
Before trying to:
What options do I have that do not loose my work?