On every window, there are 3 buttons colored red, yellow, and green. When you hover over the green, it becomes a plus sign. I want the keyboard shorcut for that. I know that cmd+w seems to be the red one. It does not always work but most often than not, it will close the window. Cmd+H is minimize. What is the third one?


You can assign a custom shortcut for the Zoom menu item in System Preferences:

Or if you want to always maximize windows to fill a screen, see this question.

  • Instead of <Command>-M, which conflicts with the shortcut assigned to Minimize, use something more exotic, like <Command><Option><Control>-M. Needless to say, instead of M you can use a letter of your choice, like Z (for zoom).
    – jaume
    Jun 3 '13 at 10:05

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .