I would appreciate any help you guys can give me since I would really like to upgrade my laptop to Mountain Lion.
Computer: Macbook Pro 17" 4,1 (Early 2008) RAM: 4 GB RAM Hard drive: 128 SSD Hard drive Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Current OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Steps I have taken but failed to properly install the OS.
- Dowloaded Mountain Lion at least 3 times from the App store to make sure the download wasn't corrupted.
- I even tried making a Lion Bootdisk so I can install Mountain Lion on a USB drive (Install ESD.dmg).
- I have even tried installing Lion first thinking I would take it one version at a time but gets stuck on boot screen too.
- I even changed my hard drive to a new blank SSD drive to see any difference.
- Each time I install Mountain Lion or Lion, everything is good until the installer has to restart the laptop.
- Laptop gets stuck at the grey boot screen with the Apple logo and the loading circle. Nothing ever happens after.
- Even waited for 7 hours but no changes in the boot screen.
- I always had to use/boot to the Snow Leopard CD so I can restart the laptop back to the Snow Leopard drive.
Safeboot gives me this endless message "ERROR: Firewire (OHCI) TI ID 8025 built-in: handleUnrecoverableErrorInt" but I don't have any Firewire cable connected at all.
What can I do next?