I would like to set some rule on my Time Capsule and Airport Express in such a way that some cell phones can connect only in specific time slots.
In my network both the devices are connected to a router, which provides the Internet connection. Time Capsule and Airport Express create two networks with the same name and password (i.e. one is not an extension of the other).
I tried to set up some rules in this way:
- Phone MAC address
- Time slot 1: from 12AM to 1 PM
- Time slot 2: from 2PM to 11:59PM
However the phone is still able to connect form 1 to 2 pm.
I also tried to modify the default rule in order to set up the time constraints for all the clients and then I added a rule for allowing the connection to my laptop all without constraints (all the day, all hours). With this second option I wasn't able to connect my laptop to Internet.
How can I configure a filter for not allowing the phones to connect from 1pm to 2pm?
- What's the time my airport bases are using? It is retrieved from the net and is it based on my default time zone?
- When I insert a rule and specify a time slot. Is the time slot the period in which the connection is allowed or the period in which it is not allowed?
- Which is the priority assigned to the rules in case of constraints?
- And finally, do I have to set up the same rules on both the stations right?