I am looking for an app or a method to easily read aloud web pages (especially news articles) that I find on the web.
I read possible 20-50 news articles a day and most of them I would just like to listen to being read by an electronic voice.
I have actually had some success using the built in accessibility features of the mac - however I find them clumsy and difficult to use.
Notes how I used to use the accessibility features:
- I would make the set the text to voice short cut to #s
- I would highlight the text by selecting it in the browser
- I would then #s to start reading the text
Problems with this approach:
- There is no easy way to pause the reading of the text
- The the select + read is rather cumbersome
- There is no way to batch the reads
- There is no queue of reads ... like you can't throw stuff conveniently in the the read queue
Actually what I am looking for is a getpocket.com equivalent of text-to-speech.