Is there a way to connect the latest Apple TV, which only has an HDMI output, to an older television that only has the yellow and red/white inputs for audio and video? This older television has a coaxial input as well.


Technically the format you want is called composite video, so you might have better luck searching for a HDMI to Composite converter. RCA is just the name of the connector. For example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080KN18K/ref=redir_mdp_mobile


You're having a hard time determining it cause those "yellow / white" cables are called "RCA" ports, created by one of the first TV makers and ironically mostly sold off to Japanese companies.

Searching for "RCA to HDMI converter" yields a wealth of converters and opinions about the best devices based on the model of TV

such as this article:


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .