Is there a way to detect the insertion of an SD card so it would be possible to automatically move specific files (photos in subdirectory) to another location? I do not want a photo application to take control. Even better, when I put the card in, I get asked whether to move the files. I would like the files to be moved directly to a shared folder..
Or, you could use folder actions.
From this tutorial:
- Go to File > Save As Plug-in.
- Choose Folder Action from the pop-up menu.
- In the Attach to Folder pop-up, select Other…
- In the resultant open dialog, hit cmnd-shift-g. This will bring up a small sheet labeled Go to the folder:.
- In this sheet, type /Volumes/, and hit the Go button, then hit Open.
- Hit the Save button in the Plug-in sheet.