I want Apple Mail to automatically move all email, read and unread, to the Archive folder IF it's past a certain date. I want this move to take effect on ALL my devices (mac,iPad,iPhone,etc). How can I set this up? Can I set this up from the iPad or only on the Mac?
"I have a me.com email address." queued me in that you are probably on IMAP. Simply put IMAP syncs your mail across all your devices, instead of having to delete a particular email three different places.
So, to do what you desire, you will have to create a rule on your Mac:
- Open Mail Settings and go to "Rules".
- Click "Add Rule" and type in your description.
- Create the Logic:
- Date Received :: Is Greater Than :: [Arbitrary Number Chosen by You]
- Under perform the following actions:
- Move Message :: to mailbox :: "Archive" -> "iCloud"
- Click "OK", then "Apply".
- The changes should be reflected on your iPad and iPhone counter-parts after refreshing inboxes there.