Is it possible to select multiple files in LaunchBar? (For example, I may want to select two files in a folder and "drag" them to another folder.) How do I do that?
An update for LaunchBar 6
Version 6.0 introduced a slick way of selecting multiple items. The LaunchBar folks call it the “Sixth Sense”. Selected items are held in a “staging area” and can be acted upon all at once using typical LaunchBar tools.
- Typing Command-A will select all items in the search list.
- Typing a Comma (“,”) will select the current item and allow you to move on to select more.
- Pressing Shift will scrolling up or down with the arrow keys select continuously as you scroll
- You can undo these actions by repeating them with a selected file. Hitting Escape clears the selections.
The selection then works with other actions: Press Tab to send them to another folder, etc.
There’s a discussion at the LaunchBar blog
I found a post on the Objective Development Forums that suggests a different approach:
- Select the file to move or copy (either in the Finder, or in LaunchBar).
- Copy it (⌘-C)
- Select another file (again, either in the Finder, or in LaunchBar).
- Use ClipMerge (Press ⌘-C twice.)
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 if you wish to select more than two files.
- Select the destination folder.
- Paste (⌘-V)
I was skeptical until I tried it. It works quite well.