How can I type a backtick (accent grave, or "`") on an European (Dutch) apple keyboard ?

  • Do you mean this character : ` ? – Pierre Watelet Feb 9 '11 at 13:56
  • @Pierre W yes, that's backtick – aneuryzm Feb 9 '11 at 14:37
  • On mine, this character is under de £, next to the <return> key. It's a Europeen azerty (French I guess). I'm sure it won't help you :-/ – Pierre Watelet Feb 9 '11 at 16:33

According to this image from Apple's KB article, it appears to be between the Z and shift.

Dutch keyboard layout


On European keyboard, press alt + 9.

  • What kind of European keyboard are you talking about? The question is about the Dutch one, and the answer you gave seems totally wrong for that. You should delete it. – Tom Gewecke Oct 11 '16 at 13:27

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .