I am having this problem where I open up iMessage on my iPod Touch 4th Gen iOS 6.0.1 and it freezes after 3 seconds. There is a specific message that is causing this. This app opens up at this conversation by default. Before the three seconds passes, I can press back to the list of conversations and do stuff on that screen normally. But when I try to delete that specific conversation it reppears! I have tried to sign out and sign back in but the problem still remains. I have tried every possible method I could think of. If anybody knows how I can delete this conversation or fix this problem I would be grateful.
After many attempts trying to fix this glitch I have finally found the answer. I will explain step by step.
- Open up iMessage
- Quickly go back to the list of conversations before iMessage freezes
- Go into the conversation that causes the crash
- Click edit
- Clear all messages
- Go back before iMessage freezes
- Delete the conversation
- Completely close iMessage by opening up the Multitask bar and hold onto the icon until the icon jiggles.
- Tap on the delete button on the top left of the icon
- Wait 10 seconds then open iMessage again
After these 10 steps iMessage should be working find now.