Is there any keyboard shortcut to turn on and off shuffle and turn on repeating on iTunes? They aren't mentioned on iTunes help section Keyboard Shortcut.
- find repeat and shuffle in iTunes menus and memorize their name as is.
- Press CommandSpace, Type
Keyboardand press enter.
- select Keyboard Shortcuts
- in left side of the page, find
Application Shortcutsand select it.
- click + button below
- in front of
Application, choose iTunes
- type the exact name of the menu item for shuffle and repeat
- set shortcut keys for them.
iTunes 12 has broken the original Keyboard pane fix. Now Shuffle is a dropdown with two options unhelpfully named On and Off.
The following steps work for the current version of iTunes (v12):
- Open the Keyboard preferences pane in the System Preferences App.
- Go to the Shortcuts tab
- Click on App Shortcuts in the left sidebar
- Click the plus icon below the list on the right
- Select iTunes from the Application dropdown
- Type the word On into the Menu Title box.
- Click on the Keyboard Shortcut box and press the key combination you want to use to turn shuffle on. I use Cmd+S.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for turning shuffle off, but this time use Off as the Menu Title and choose a different keyboard shortcut for it. I use Cmd+Shift+S for turning shuffle off.
For nested Menu options like this one shown in the image below:
A shortcut can be added by specifying the Menu Item name as: Controls->Repeat->One
For some older versions of OSX, this works: >Controls>Repeat>One
You can see it solves the problem of two different nested menu items having the exact same name. Cause the full path will always be different.