I’ve captured a screenshot and I want to share it (on Stack Overflow, actually), but I need to blur/hide out a couple words in the screenshot. Is there a tool to quickly do this?
Skitch can do this quickly. See?
Just click the blur button in the side bar and draw over your image to obscure things.
Please note that this app saves files to Evernote by default which can be a problem for sensitive content. You may want to disable it by not signing into your Evernote account or by making the following setting changes:
Sync -> Save New Skitch Notes to Evernoteto
Sharing -> Automatically Share and Copy Link after creating new Skitch Notes
You can use Preview in two ways:
Use the Annotation tool to draw a filled rectangle over the area you want to hide. You can select the fill color.
Use the Selection tool to select the area you want to hide and then cut it. The area will be replaced by a gray area (or whatever color is set as window background in Preferences/General).
I was looking for a quick solution using the preview tool as well and blocking out or cutting text won't work (since I need to give the notion that text goes there). I ended up just downloading and using GIMP because of it's flexibility as a tool.
There are two ways to blur:
1) Simply use the blur tool and drag over the text. If you want to be cleaner, you can use the rectangle selection tool first and then use blur so you get sharper edges.
2) There is also an option in the toolbar to blur selection as well (so it's more evenly blurred) - I would recommend a high (15x15) gaussian blur (Filters -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur... from the menu). Select the area you want to blur first and then use the appropriate blur filter.
Again, I know it's not as simple and direct as some of the other tools, but GIMP just offers a lot of other features built pretty well. In my case, I downloaded it and used it for blurring of text since I know I'll be using it for other capabilities in the future. Preview fits a lot of great simple annotations, I was surprised it didn't have this built in.
You can try DataMask (http://datamask.tech) extension for Chrome browser. It can blur and scramble data in websites.
Check https://blur-photo.com/ . It's free online service for blurring photos.
Just upload photo that you want to blur and make selection around area which needs to be blurred.
I will recommend checking blur Chrome extension it helps hide sensitive information on a webpage in a single click
- Single Click Blur - Hide information in a single click
- Blur Area - Create a rectangular area to blur the web page
- Keep blur - Clicked Blur and Blurred Area
- And More... - Control blur intensity, hide the title bar, and more