I would like to use the iMac for external display and would like to connect MacBook Pro as a source. What kind of cable do I need and how to I setup the display?
If the iMac has Thunderbolt (Mid-2011 and later models):
- The MBP must also have Thunderbolt
- Connect the two with a Thunderbolt cable and press Cmd-F2 on the iMac's keyboard
If the iMac doesn't have Thunderbolt:
- It must be a 27" model with a mini-Displayport connector (21" and 24" mini-Displayport models don't support Target Display mode).
- Any device with Displayport output can use it as a display.
- Connect the two with a Mini-DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort cable, and press Cmd-F2 on the iMac's keyboard