When I click on App Store, which rests below all of the features that Apple touts for the service, I am given an error where a prompt tells me that my phone can’t access the App Store. The error looks like this:
Is there a fix for this problem?
Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
- First, head to the Settings in your iPhone.
- Click on General.
- Next, head to Date and Time which is down the list.
- Once you’re in there, you’ll want to change Set Automatically to Off.
- Go to Set Date & Time.
- Click on Today’s Date. Once you do that, you’ll be given the option to change the date.
- Move the year one year forward one year.
- This will prevent the error from happening. If you wish to change the date back to the real date, simply set Set Automatically to On and everything will return to normal.
- Head into Passbook and click the App Store button
Something about moving the date up might be expiring a certificate or just the adjustment of time back to correct seems to make passbook behave better.