I don't know why i can't seem to find any info about this or even anyone asking the same question. I have an iMac and a new iPad. I want to mirror my Mac display on the iPad, so I can sit in another room with the iPad, the wireless keyboard and mouse. Since I'm using the keyboard and mouse, I don't need touch events to be translated. Also, since the iPad's resolution in landscape mode is 2048x1536, the Mac's resolution of 1920x1080 should fit in it without scaling. Letterboxing is okay.
- I'd prefer to do this via AirPlay Mirroring, if possible. I have AirServer installed, but it doesn't show up on my Mac (10.8.2) display settings page ("No devices detected"). Also, AirServer used to be what i needed (if you check the description on Cydia), but for some reason, the website is now only advocating the exact opposite of this.
- I checked out Reflector, but it only does the opposite, and that's what everyone else in the world seems to be asking.
- There's also an app called Air Display which does do Mac -> iOS, but it requires a server-client installation. I don't want that. The maximum I'm willing to install is an receiver client on the iPad.
- I don't want to use a VNC server and client.
- I'm okay with an AirPlay receiver app for the iPad, because the iPad doesn't natively receive AirPlay, it only broadcasts it.
- AirView would have been it, but it's been taken off the store by Apple.
How can I do this?