In my job I teach a lot of people to use macs. Since you use what you remember I'm always on the look out for funny or memorable ways to remember keyboard or system shortcuts (like you have the option to command escape, I know it's corny, but it works for newbies!).
What are the mnemonics you use to remember important keyboard or system shortcuts? Funny is a bonus.
EDIT / UPDATE
Sorry I've been away for a bit and haven't updated my question for a bit. A bit more info - I'm teaching a digital class of 8,9 and 10 year olds (who have a MacBook each) this year; and I'm looking for funny ways for them to remember the things you commonly do on your mac. Kids love learning shortcuts (for some reason) and any thing I can do to help them build confidence and have a laugh is great.
Here are the shortcuts that would be handy:
- Force Quit (That was my example, you have the option to command escape).
- Search (command space)
- Command Tab
- Expose (Four fingers down on the mouse pad!?)
- Command ShiftK (Connect to a nearby server in finder)
- Apple ShiftA for Applications
- Anything else you might think is handy.
I know it's a bit of a vague question, I'm just looking for any fun and easy way to teach these shortcuts.