I used to transfer by uploading to dropbox and downloading files on the dropbox app on my ipad.
There is another way which doesn't need internet which is using the app called "wireless drive". With this basically you connect your ipad with your laptop by creating wifi hotspot and transfer the files. But my ipad is unable to connect the wifi created by my new laptop. (wifi connection problem for unknown reason) ..... what do I do? I dont have internet right now.
You do following (after installing the app):
- just connect ipad to laptop using usb cable.
- You see "documents on the ipad" as a usb drive (as the external-pen drive)
- open the documents on the ipad > you see different apps you have on the ipad
- You will see "wireless drive" in the list, open it by double-clicking.
- You will see folder "documents", open it.
- You will see folder is empty, if it's used for the first time.
Just simply copy whatever you want to copy to your ipad in this folder and that's it!!
Now, just open the "wireless drive" app on your ipad, and you see the files you have transferred. Tap on any of the document, you will be asked which app to be used to open/run the file, select appropriate app and you can use the file on your ipad.