Mail, Contacts & Calendars Preference pane, you can have
Notes synchronize with a Gmail account.
I've already got it setup to work nicely with iCloud, but..
Where do I go in Gmail to read these Notes? They don't appear under the "notes" label.
Your notes can synchronize with Gmail or iCloud, not both as far as I can tell.
To sync a note with Gmail do the following
- Set up your account and check the notes box in the Mail, Contacts & Calendars preference pane.
- Go to notes in Mountain Lion
- Go to View -> Show Folders List -- or -- click the folders list icon in the bottom left side of the Notes window
- From here you should be able to select your Gmail account instead of iCloud and create a new note
- Within Gmail you should have a folder called "Notes" and your newly created note should be inside