Is there a simple way to listen to iTunes U audio in the background? Switching to another app turns the audio off except in this very specific case:
- Press the power button to lock the screen. This will immediately turn the audio off.
- Double-click the home button to show the audio controls.
- Press play. The lecture will begin playing.
- Receive a notification (e.g. a text message) while the screen is locked.
- Open the notification item from the lock screen. The audio will continue playing while you're in this other app.
Unlocking the phone any other way brings you back to the iTunes U app, which only gets us back where we started.
Is there a simpler way to do this?