I am looking for a Safari extension similar to Update Scanner (for Firefox) and Page Monitor (for Chrome). Any suggestions?


I don't know any extension like this one, but I've used Changes Meter which works really fine. It's a small app in your menubar and gets the job done.

  • I had never thought of looking for a separate application rather than a web browser extension. Works just as well. Thanks! – reg May 6 '12 at 14:01
  • 2
    Is this still available? There's mention of it on the site, but there doesn't appear to be any way to download it (and I don't see it in the app store). – jhfrontz Sep 18 '17 at 15:53

Changes Meter is an app that just notify you about some change in web page. But it does not inform you about what has changed.

  • 1
    Can you please provide a link to the tool mentioned? – nohillside Sep 23 '12 at 20:12

I'm using https://urlooker.com, it has free plan, shows exact changes and supports JS-generated pages.

  • Welcome to Ask Different. We like answers to be more than just a single line. Ideally, you want to explain why your answer is *right." It also helps to provide links, citations, and/or screen shots. Please review our help section How to Answer on writing good answers to questions – Allan May 31 '16 at 19:35

I've found this old software that might do the trick Safari Page Monitor


Using a browser extension for this means it will only notify you when your browser is online.

I use http://changemon.com which notifies me 24x7 and it's quite simple to use.

You don't even have to sign up on the site.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .