I have followed Slack's instructions to clear unread messages and still "Threads" is bold in my Slack app. It is not bold on my desktop app.
Mark everything as read on desktop
- From the Slack desktop app, open the affected workspace.
- Press Shift + Esc.
Clear the Slack app cache
- Tap "You" at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Preferences.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Reset Cache.
Clear app data from your device settings In addition to clearing the Slack app cache, you can also clear the app data from your device.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Scroll down to Slack in the list of apps.
- Tap the toggle next to Reset Cache on Next Launch.
- Open the app to reset the cache. Note: This will log you out of all workspaces you're signed in to.
This third step did NOT log me out of my workspaces FWIW.