1

I have an iPod Nano (6th generation). I bought it 10 months ago. I fully charged it and it started to work. Since then, I left it 10 months without using nor charging. Now, when I connect it to PC, it charges, but after detaching from PC, it says 'Connect to power'. What is the problem? Is its battery damaged? What should I do?

  • Does it still say this after being connected for more then 15 or 20 minutes? – bassplayer7 Mar 27 '12 at 16:14
  • @bassplayer7 As I read the question, the iPod appears to charge when connected to the computer, but instantly dies when removed. If this is the case, it's pretty much a closed case that the battery has died. – Kyle Cronin Mar 27 '12 at 16:21
  • Yes, I can see what you are saying. Agreed. – bassplayer7 Mar 27 '12 at 16:28
5

The battery in your iPod has died. I suggest making an appointment at your local Apple Store Genius Bar and they may be able to replace it for you.

1

Fixed it! there wasn't any problem with battery. just charged it with a charger (not with usb) and it started to work.

1

I had the same problem with my trusty iPod which I had plugged into my Audi's adapter. It worked perfect for years. I recently moved it to my new Audi (which no longer has a built in adapter). Up came a message "connect to power" with a picture of a battery. Plugged into USB outlet on my car with a cord I had not used in years and no luck, then plugged into outlet in home with no luck.

My wife fixed it by using a cord from her older iPad. In short check your cord first.

0

I recently tried to restore my 2004 20GB iPod Classic; and got the "plug in to power outlet" to complete the restore. The iPod was then stuck on this for 24 hours+ using a 30 pin - USB plugged into my Apple iPhone charger. What I did was connect it direct to a 2 gang with USB socket (in the UK) via an Amazon's Basics 30 pin - USB lead which my wife uses to charge her iPad2 - this immediately started charging the iPod. I seem to recall Apple going from 12v to 5v (or something like that) with the iPhone4(?) - so I'm guessing not enough juice was present to complete the restore process.

Anyway, hope that this might help someone.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .