I've been using iPhoto since many versions ago ... probably since version 1. In that time, the file structure of its iPhoto Library has changed a few times, and I suspect that some of the files in there now are no longer needed. I'd like to clean it up to save disk space. Do you know if the following are needed?
- The root level of the iPhoto Library contains some folders named after years, from 1998-2006. Each folder contains subfolders for months and days, and each day folder contains a data folder and then two numbered files, one with no extension and one with the .attr extension. These files are only about half a kilobyte in size and appear to contain metadata only. It looks like a version upgrade in 2006 made these obsolete since they're all older than that.
- A Caches folder contains two files with long alphanumeric names, last modified in 2009.
- A Contents folder contains a PkgInfo file, last modified in 2008.
- An Auto Import folder is empty, last modified in 2008.
- A Dir.data file, last modified in 2008.
- Files named Library.data, Library.iPhoto, Library6.iPhoto and Library6.iPhoto.back, last modified in 2009.
- A ThemeCache file, last modified in 2010.
It seems pretty clear these are no longer used; I could always delete them and find out, since I have a backup. But maybe someone who started using iPhoto after 2009 can tell me if any of these files are in their library?