I have a virtualbox setup I was using on catalina. I finally got around to reinstalling the machine and updating to Ventura.
The test suite (running in an Ubuntu vm) has gone from 26 minutes to over an hour, with no other changes. The VMs' are running without display. I have looked at other issues and many people have commented on the graphics, but, that shouldn't be an issue here.
I guessed (incorrectly!) that it might be to do with the new permissions model, so, I gave virtualbox full disk access and still no luck.
Is there some secret setting somewhere I can set to get it all working again? ;)
- This is a newly installed OS and newly created VM (vagrant destroy, vagrant up..)
- GuestAdditions 7.0.6 installed and running
- VirtualBox 7.0.6
- Mac -> 2.9Ghz Core i7. 16Gig ram
- Two VMs running Ubuntu 18.04, one with 3GB ram other with 4 (this is more than they used to have and ample for the boxes) Running
freeon the boxes shows they are not using swap.
Tried so far:
- Giving virtual box full disk access.
- setting display to none.
- setting config.vm.synced_folder "./foo", "/srv/www/local", type: "nfs", mount_options: ["actimeo=2"]
Option 3 may have sped things up (from about 68 minute to 48 minutes). Still hoping to get it back down to under 30 minutes (which is what it should be)