Using iTunes (latest) on a Windows 11 laptop and iPhone (iOS 16.2).
I have 4000 songs on the iPhone, and a bit more in the iTunes library (from CDs... ; the lib was manually copied from the Music folder after a PC upgrade, and is correctly shown in iTunes Library).
- Transfer Purchases (to iTunes) has been done (from my 2 Apple accounts)
- Not an Apple Music subscriber
---- Target ----
On iTunes, I want to be able to
- add other CDs
- listen and remove about 30% of the old songs in the iTunes lib
- then sync that to iPhone
For that, "Sync Music" (device / settings / Music) is necessary. But a click on the Sync Music gives this message, triggering a few questions
- How can I see what would be deleted if Sync Music is to be performed?
- my numerous iPhone playlists are not listed in iTunes, will they be cleared on the iPhone? What can I do to prevent that?
- no Books is shown in iTunes (have plenty on the iPhone), the message says they will be deleted, why would Sync Music clear the iPhone books? Will that really happen? Can I avoid this?
A simple setup that should not take so much time :(