I have a problem with the
Reminders app on my iMac that after upgrading to a 2TB SSD, installing the latest version of Monterey and using a Time Machine backup to restore my files. The problem I am having is as follows:
Remindersapp remains blank and does not sync any lists or any reminders.
- The lists or reminder fields do not appear on this particular iMac despite the fact that
Reminderssyncs without any problems on other Macs and iPhone I own and that the iCloud copy also syncs correctly with these other devices.
- I am not able to add or remove any lists (or reminders for that matter) as the button to add a list does not work when I click on it.
I contacted Apple Support and they told me to:
- Turn off and on reminders using my AppleID on System Preferences and restart my computer, but that did not help.
- Remove the caches on the
Libraryfolder but that did not help.
- Reinstall macOS Monterey but that did not help either; and finally
- Create another user account and transfer all my data to this new user, which I know it will work (as I tried it with Apple Support successfully); however, this means I will lose all the configurations from my other apps and macOS and I will have to recreate a very complex user account from scratch, which is quite a bummer.
I tried to follow other suggestions on this and other websites, but they either did not work or were outdated. Is there any way to solve this problem?