I am using a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with macOS Monterey Version 12.5 (21G72). I recall nothing unusual until yesterday when I tried to duplicate or copy one folder on my Desktop folder. The process seems to always be stuck at
Zero bytes of 2 KB - Estimating time remaining ...
or often the process failed and I received this:
Now, this is a list of what I have tried so far:
What does not work
- Because my
Documentsfolders are synced with iCloud Drive, I tried copying/duplicating folders in Documents and the result is the same as above.
- I tried to do a
killall birdin Terminal as described here.
- I tried the process described here.
- I tried resetting SMC and rebooting my Mac.
- I tried disabling iCloud Drive and then re-enable it.
- Copy/duplicate of folder won't work regardless of size.
What does work
- I tried copying/duplicating the folder with
cpin Terminal, and it works perfectly.
- I tried copying/duplicating the folder in
~/Downloadswith Finder, and it works perfectly.
- Copy/duplicate of files works regardless of size.
I hope this frustration will not occur to any of you.
Is there an option to let finder copy items or do I need to host these files outside iCloud Drive if I need to copy them?