I have an Epson scanner and i have scanned a photo to my mac book pro.
I am running macOS BigSur 11.6.7.
Finder is showing the size of the resulting .tiff file as 6.2mb. I wanted to select a portion of the photo and then create a new .tiff file from the selection.
Here is what I did
- I opened the scan photo in the preview app.
- I selected the portion of the image I wanted to create a new file out of.
- Copy the selected portion.
- Cmd N, this open a new tab which contains the copied portion of the image.
- I saved the new file with a different name.
The size of the new file is 30mb. Now, I was expecting the new file to have a size much smaller than the original.
What is happening? Why is the new file so big?