my apple laptop features a rotated K symbol in the return key.

I know it's supposed to be used with the fn key in combination with the return key. Accesible keyboard taught me so.

Could you please tell me its name so that I can search the Internet what is it about?

1 Answer 1


⌅ You mean this rotated K?

That's the Enter ⌅ symbol. Technically it's not the same as the Return ⏎ but many apps consider them to be the same thing. 'Short' laptop keyboards don't have both keys, so this is a convenience.

For apps that do differentiate*, pressing Fn Return ⏎ will generate Enter ⌅ .

*The only one I can think of immediately is Photoshop in Text Entry mode. Return gives a new line, Enter exits text entry mode.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .