Since updating to macOS
12.4, I have been seeing issues with Safari
15.5. Problem sites load just fine in Firefox (I don't use Chrome or Edge). Searches haven't revealed this as a common problem. None of these issues was present under
- On some sites, text does not render until 4 or 5 seconds after the page loads.
(for example, https://news.google.com)
- Some sites never finish loading.
(for example, https://news.google.com, https://youtube.com)
- Some redirects do not follow:
(for example, phpbb forum -- after login).
- Some sites never load:
(for example, https://pyformat.info)
Tried to no effect:
- cold rebooted.
- disabled all plugins and extensions.
- launched Safari in safe mode.
- emptied caches.
- deleting plist files.
- booting MBP in safe mode.
MBP 2020 Core i5, 8GB
In response to comment from @jaume:
- Block all cookies is unchecked (and has been consistently throughout this issue).
In response to comment from @Ezekiel:
- Hide IP addresses is checked.
While not related to Safari (and therefore OT to an extent) I can confirm that this issue is also present in Mail.app. Remote content may be blocked if the
Hide IP Address setting is enabled in Mail. As far as I know, this is also related to macOS
12.4 and (in hindsight) probably less to do with Safari.app and more to do with WebKit or a related codebase.
- Unchecking Hide IP addresses appears to have solved the issue.