enter image description here

As you can see in the image, there is a symbol that looks like a caret under a horizontal line.

I want to break page by this shortcut in the image but I don’t know what the second symbol is and where it is on the keyboard. Please help me!


1 Answer 1


is a symbol representing a press of the Enter key.
Enter is often confused with return ↩ and less often with control due to the caret.

is the Control symbol.

So your keyboard shortcut is Cmd ⌘ Enter ⌅

I had to space everything out to persuade SE to draw them large.

From Comments
Enter & Return are distinct keys but their functionality is not often differentiated.
If you specifically need Enter for a function on a short [laptop] keyboard with only a Return key, then Fn Return ⏎ will send Enter.

  • 2
    What's the difference between Return and Enter?
    – justhalf
    Apr 11, 2022 at 6:01
  • 3
    @justhalf Originally, Carriage Return vs Line Feed. But now they both behave like a CR+LF - move to the start of the next line.
    – muru
    Apr 11, 2022 at 6:35
  • 3
    @justhalf - See apple.stackexchange.com/q/47565/85275 for a more Mac-specific explanation - I know Adobe & FCP still differentiate functionally. Fn/Return will give Enter if needed.
    – Tetsujin
    Apr 11, 2022 at 7:25

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .