I'm in Poland and I want to buy a MacBook with a US keyboard layout instead of the ISO layout that is normally found in Europe.

The store from which I'm buying has those codes on their models:



I'm hoping that the ones with US at the end mean it's a ANSI keyboard layout. Am I right?

2 Answers 2


If you order from Apple's Polish online store, you can specify the keyboard you want without worrying about the numbers:

enter image description here

  • that doesnt answer my question at all, but thanks
    – John
    Commented Mar 29, 2022 at 10:51

Turns out it really was a US layout, if it has R1 at the end it means in Riot keyboard or something like that, but if it ends with US it has a US layout :)

  • No such thing as a "riot" keyboard. R would presumably be Russian. Commented Mar 29, 2022 at 12:20
  • its not russian for sure lol
    – John
    Commented Mar 29, 2022 at 12:30
  • You are right, I found an online reference which indicates the /R1 model has the International English keyboard (which is ISO). Commented Mar 29, 2022 at 15:07

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .