Same issue as related in this thread but I already did the following:
- Re-created a new GPT (GUID) partition table (using GParted, Ubuntu)
- Created an HFS+ partition specifically for my MacOS
- Re-created an EFI system partition of +500Mb
And yet, when using the Internet Recovery Mode, two things happen:
- The wrong MacOS is being downloaded (Mac OS X Yosemite, instead of Monterrey)
- The HFS+ partition created does not show.
What did I miss?
A possible solution would be to reformat the hard drive using Diskutil (Terminal, Recovery Mode) but no idea how to target the correct hard drive.
Things to take into consideration:
- I used to have an APFS hard drive before. But that must have been replaced by the HFS+ partition.
- I did not use FileVault or encrypted the disk (have had a lot of problems in using that).