- a folder with 80,412 files
- all files named with CamelCase, some have a dash (-) separating the first word
- files can be grouped by beginning with the same word or letters(i.e. "ClientslistRebecca..." and "Clientslist-Adam...")
- no file name begins with a number
- very few files begin with a unique word
I need to take the first word, find all files that begin with that word, and create a folder named with that word. Repeat for all files.
The main complication is that sometimes a name begins with multiple capitals, followed by a word that also begins with a capital (i.e. "AWDRebecca..."). Not sure how to resolve that, but I'm fine with doing some manual cleanup afterwards if I get folders with "AWDRebecca", "AWDReports", "AWDNovember", but having a folder "A" will make it harder.