I would like to check if the following scenario will work.
- Backing up to Time Capsule via Time Machine
- Amassed over 2 TB
- I want to build redundancy to cover for ageing Time Capsule
- Keeping existing backup on Time Capsule
- This will be decommissioned when it fails
- Cloning the backup
.backupbundleimage file to new network drive and using that backup in parallel with the existing Time Machine backup
XXX.backupbundlemaintained at Time Capsule and new network drive
Connect new network drive (done) Copy the existing
XXX.backupbundlefile from Time Capsule to the new network drive (finishing now)
- Adding new network drive to time machine (to do)
- Selecting "use both" to maintain two identical backups at two locations (to do)
With respect to the outstanding points 3 and 4:
- is there anything else I should do to ensure that Time Machine will recognise the
XXX.backupbundlefile that was copied to another location.
- any other points worth considering before I start interacting with the Time Machine settings?