I have been experiencing multiple issues since upgrading to Big Sur.
- My zsh terminal takes upto 30s to open (never happened before)
- My Firefox tabs crash when I wake my Mac from sleep
- Spotlight search is broken (can't search for Apps, docs, anything)
I have tried re-indexing from the Preferences (add whole drive to Spotlight privacy, remove it again). I also re-indexed it from the terminal using:
sudo mdutil -E /
sudo mdutil -i on /
Both these options bring Spotlight back to life temporarily. However, as soon as I restart my machine, I have to do this all over again!
Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
- OS: macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.2
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Dual-Core i5
- RAM: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3